February 9, 2017

David vs. Goliath Coloring Page


A couple years ago, I made each our kids a coloring book as a Christmas stocking stuffer.  The book included a random assortment of line drawings that ranged from a VW Baja Bug to Plastic-Man in steam shovel disguise.  The kids loved them.
This project is an extension of that.  Originally, I thought I'd make this a more traditional painting in keeping with some of the other things I've done recently.  Then I thought it would lend itself pretty well to a coloring page.  I also found it a little difficult to find other, not-too-cartoony coloring pages of David and Goliath.

I won't claim this is entirely historically accurate but I read the Biblical account several times (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Samuel+17) as well as a couple historical explorations into the event and tried to stay as accurate as possible (Goliath's armor, Goliath's armor bearer, the valley, etc).

The page is now available on Etsy as an immediate download.








No comments:

Post a Comment