May 5, 2017

Mid-Century Inspired Mini Plant Stands



A while back, my family came into the possession of several wooden salad bowls.  While very pretty, the bowls weren't something we were likely to use in actual eating.  I liked their shape and their size was perfect to make a table top planter...especially with some kind of mid-century inspired plant stands.

These were constructed with poplar and well sealed.  The cacti are planted in a separate bowl inside the wooden one.  I'd like to find something that fits a little better inside the wooden bowl but I have yet.

BTW: at the time this photo was taken, the prickly pear cactus had spent probably a month in the bowl and was doing really, really well.  I'm still surprised.  It's fun to see new, spiky little "paws" sprouting.

No comments:

Post a Comment