May 8, 2012

Rampage 1: George

I'm trying out some new things.  In this case: Artrage.  If you're not familiar with it, it's a reasonably priced software package that, from what I can tell, does a decent job of replicating manual arting: oil paint, ink, pencil, etc.  That's right...arting.

Actually, I'm trying two things.  Artrage is the first.  A new-to-me Wacom Tablet is the second.  Both take some getting used to.  Fortunately, getting used to them is fun.   Kind of like Lik-M-Aid.


This is the result of my first attempt at something that's not just throwing digital paint around on a test canvas.  I'm planning to work through the other original Rampage (Ralph the Wolf and Lizzy the, well, Lizard) characters over the next few days.  I'm hoping they turn out a classy triptych. 

George turned out alright. It was actually my second go as the first didn't look nearly angry enough...more like he'd rather relax on a mountainside than trash buildings. Overall, I was going for the photo style where there's the portrait and the profile together. I don't know the name for that style.  I also I don't know if I was successful. It might really look like George-the-Guy is just standing on the shoulder of George-the-Monster.

1 comment: