April 12, 2016

Mid-Century Inspired Plant Stand

It's no secret I dig Mid-Century design: houses, furniture, furnishings, Formica, the whole shebang.

Bullet planters fall snugly into this category.  There are companies like Hip Haven making new bullet planters and maybe, at some point, I can invest in one but the finances won't allow that just yet.  RetroRenovation (awesome, awesome site, btw) also has plans to make a bullet planter and I dug their design quite a bit.

However, I like the design side as much as the building side so I wanted to come up with something all my own.  Also...I had maple leftover from the Mondrian Inspired Clock and if I didn't use it up, it would end up sitting in my garage until I tripped over it or spilled paint on it.  It's entirely possible I'd trip over it while carrying paint.

This is the result.  I'm simultaneously super proud and super embarrassed by the terribly complex joints.  I'm also pretty pumped that we've kept the plant alive long enough that the vines now reach the floor.







No comments:

Post a Comment