May 16, 2016

Ultimate Bravado! 8" x 10" Acrylics

It should be noted that I did very, very little scientific research with this piece. I don't even know if the habitat of the fiddler crab even overlaps that of the nautilus. I'm reasonably certain fiddler crabs typically walk sideways while nautili usually swim backwards. It would be an exciting albeit awkward battle.

Not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it.  I liked how the hands and the bubbles turned out.  And the nautilus' eye is appropriately angry.  I had trouble with the tentacles but, despite some of their Escher-like quality, they turned out alright. In the end, I'm way better at drawing tentacles now than I was before.  It feels like I discovered a tentacle secret.  Perhaps I'll put together a tutorial at some point.

Line work was done with brush/ink and colors are acrylic.  The colors are actually a little more green than the scan would indicate.

Prints are available...cheap!


No comments:

Post a Comment