June 21, 2016

Freedom Academy Homeschool T-Shirt Design

We homeschool our kids and thought it would be fun to put together at least some kind of branding, if it can really be called that at all, for our school.  So, Freedom Academy was born!  The eagle mascot seemed a natural choice.

As dorky as it may be, there are benefits to having the family in matchy-matchy clothing.  The biggest benefit is being able to find each other in a crowd.  The original plan was to screen print some of our own shirts but I had used up my screen printing materials.  Then that plan turned into me experimenting with cutting out the design from foam sheets and trying to stamp it and that...failed miserably.  Finally, we went with the quick and easy printable iron-on sheets.  The results were good but not up to the same quality as screenprinting.  When we get to the point of needing additional shirts, I'll look into either printing them myself or starting up my own, small batch campaign at TeeSpring.com.  

The final shirts were our school colors of canary yellow with purple print.  B-O-L-D.  

Are there any other homeschoolers out there?  Have you done any school branding?  

Addition: In addition to checking out printing options next time, I'd also rework the design to incorporate more color.  I initially stuck with one color as that was the limit of my screenprinting ability.





No comments:

Post a Comment