July 14, 2016

Scroll Saw Fun: Pine Skull




This was a bit of an impromptu project.  I've been thinking I'd use the scroll saw to make some kind of wall hanging for some time (seriously, how many projects have I been thinking about for months/years?) but was always thinking it would be some kind of wildlife.  Stepping out to the garage, I found my stack of scrap wood was woefully lacking.  Fortunately, there was one piece that was clean (e.g. it hadn't already been used for test cuts, test drilling, wood burning, etc) and of the right proportions for a skull.


I won't say it's anatomically correct but it gets the point across.  I also toyed with the idea of giving it a yellow, Skeletor-esque wash but a) the skull wasn't evil looking enough for Skeletor, b) I had some dark stain purchased on clearance I was aching to try, and c) a friend on Facebook thought dark stain sounded good.


Pine.  Approximately 8" tall x 5" wide x 3/4" thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment