April 21, 2020

String Art: Eye of Sauron



I'm catching up on posting project details.  The most recent post was about working on some string art projects with the kids.  I'll just continue unraveling the string art theme.

My oldest son just finished reading the Lord of the Rings Trilogy by Tolkien and my youngest son is working his way through The Hobbit.  I rewatched the film trilogy recently and they held up well.  I'm looking forward to the time I can watch the film trilogy with them.  There's not anything necessarily objectionable about the movies but they are intense to say the least.  My youngest daughter is 7 and it's difficult to find time, let alone the hours needed for the three LOTR movies, to watch something with a couple kids but not all of them.

This piece is modeled after that burning Eye of Sauron.  I real struggle with the design was getting the three depths of the tower without one set of nails interfering with another.  There at least a couple different heights on the nails so the strings could overlap.  I do wish I could've gotten the eye more fiery.  

12.75" x 10.75" x 1.5" (think shadow box depth). 
The frame is oak while middle piece is birch plywood.  Both are sealed in a matte, water-based clear-coat.  

Available for sale.




No comments:

Post a Comment